fuel gauge sender unit or fuel gauge sensor?

Whats up guys I have a 1988 2.5l 4x4 .....i got a problem with my fuel gauge I dropped the tank and tried fixing the leveler to determined.how much gas the teuck has.but when I add fuel it goes crazy and to find a fuel sending.unit online is even worse do you guys know what can I do? Do you kno f they have a fuel level sensor for these trucks or cab I swap one from a cherokee?

Well what I did to that connection was cut it and place a new whole cleaned and everthing and its still the same...i mean I know its the sender necause I took out the peixe myself and tried mrssing with the metal contact but I guess when its inside the tank with fuel it floats around and messea with the gauge....i wanted to know if you guys think that I can grab that semaor from a cherokee sending.unit or it has to be from a comanche?

Well what I did to that connection was cut it and place a new whole cleaned and everthing and its still the same...i mean I know its the sender necause I took out the peixe myself and tried mrssing with the metal contact but I guess when its inside the tank with fuel it floats around and messea with the gauge....i wanted to know if you guys think that I can grab that semaor from a cherokee sending.unit or it has to be from a comanche?

Unfortunately, if you can't find a Comanche to pull a sending unit from, then you'll probably be out of luck. Cherokee FSU's don't play nice with our trucks (Read: Don't fit at all without custom modding of the unit itself). If you DO find another Comanche though, I believe you can use the FSU from either a 4.0 or a 2.5; but there might be some issue with it being a different Also, see if you can determine what size tank you pull it from.

I'd also give these threads a look over as well. Some helpful info inside. :cheers:

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34742&p=341928&hilit=fuel+sending+unit#p341928

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34150&p=336601&hilit=fuel+sending+unit#p336601

I've read over the write ups and it's great info but mainly to custommake something for the floater.....but it does suck that I can't do anything for my truck I finally gottenbit going and now another issue with the fuel gauge when is the Comanche curse is going to STOOOOP! I'd love to have this truck on the road and not worry about anything until anything breaks down....oh well I loved it since I've gotten it just going to keep fighting until I get it right

Do you guys think I could do a sucessful swap of the.fuel tanks? And could you guys lead me to the write up so I can take considerations on swaaping a new tank...it kind of sucks to drive around miami and not know how much fuel I have in my gas tank