What can I do with the roof?

This is the hail damage on my roof, I think the photo makes it look worse than it really is. Can I cover the whole roof with Bondo? I was thinking it may be easier to cut a roof panel from the junk yard and weld it in...

Could I cover the whole roof with Bondo? Would that crack? Maybe I could use something like fiberglass, (Tiger Hair) I was also thinking I could stitch a whole new sheet metal panel on there, I have done some small patches before.

I've seen an old-school body man fix worse than that with just a hammer and dolly. NO BONDO. The key apparently is patience ... you don't try to beat out each dimple in one whack, you just keep going with light taps until it smooths out.

RE: Dry Ice.

Not too long ago I put a ding (that you could cover with a silver dollar - do they still make those?)

right square in my pristine tailgate. Made me madder than hell - at myself. Figured I would try this

dry ice "magic", couldn't hurt anyways. Laid a chunk of dry ice on the dent for an hour, not much

change - but some change, and the ice was gone. Got a bunch more dry ice, piled it on, and covered

it with insulation. Left it on overnight. Next day the dent was about 90% gone, and so was most

of the ice. Now here's the magic part: As soon as that metal warmed back up to room temp, the

dent came right back.