My shaft is too long!!!

I just swapped my BA10 out for an AW4 on the MJ. Drive shaft now 2" too long. I shoved the slip joint ALL the way into the T/C and the shaft is still about 1/4" too long. XJ shafts won't work as they are generally about a foot shorter than MJ shafts. Do I have to have the shaft I have shortened or is there a shaft from another vehicle that I can cannibalize...any good candidates?? There are NO MJ's in our junkyard here

The length of the "new" main part of the shaft is fine as long as I can get it on to the end of the slip yoke and still come up with the same dimension.

AW4 > 231J > D44

I'd bring it to a good drive shaft specialty shop and have them shorten it, then balance and repaint. Probably needs balancing anyhow, mine did. Had to do this recently with the new D44 and it cost about $95 w. new joints.

I always thought the XJ wheelbase was the same as a swb MJ. Why is the D/S a foot shorter with the same transmission?

Well, the one I pulled from the JY on Friday...I thought it would work...until I got out my tape measure. Yoke to yoke was 9" or 10" shorter. I may be exaggerating on the foot long shaft...my wife says I exaggerate some. Same set up except for the D44. I know my SWB sitting next to my XJ is definitely longer.