2.5L to AX5 Bell Housing bolts

I am getting close to installing the transmission/T-case in the 86. Since I bought this truck in pieces, I am trying to make sure I have everything on hand before completing the install.

I need the bolts that attach the motor and bell housing. I do not have them. Does anybody know the size/pitch/length/quantity of the needed bolts? Is there a place I can buy them new or used? Or do I need to take the bell housing to the hardware store and start fitting bolts to it?

Thanks for the help.

I am getting close to installing the transmission/T-case in the 86. Since I bought this truck in pieces, I am trying to make sure I have everything on hand before completing the install.

I need the bolts that attach the motor and bell housing. I do not have them. Does anybody know the size/pitch/length/quantity of the needed bolts? Is there a place I can buy them new or used? Or do I need to take the bell housing to the hardware store and start fitting bolts to it?

Thanks for the help.

You don't attach the motor to the bellhousing, you attach the bellhousing to the motor. The threaded holes are in the block, so unless you plan on carrying an engine block to Home depot, you aren't going to match 'em up that way.

I avoid HD. I would be going to a local hardware store which has an expansive nuts n bolts section.

It's been about 10 years since I have installed or removed a Jeep transmission. Please excuse my ignorance. Now that you mention it, I do recall mounting bell to block. I reviewed the FSM and it was not real helpful at jogging my memory.

I may have a couple in my bolt box.........will check tomorrow.

Please do. It is much appreciated.

BTW I'm a huge fan of the 2.5 now. I'm seriously thinking of dropping the coin on the Banks torque tubes and a new exhaust. But I've got to get the truck painted first.

SEXYYYYY love a clean engine bay :clapping:

I think I have the right bolts. After a few very frustrating trips to the hardware store, I gave up and went to order the bolts online. This search sent me to a parts catalogue, which had bolt sizes for the 2.5 and 4.0. I took the list to Napa and came home with the following:

Sarter

- (2) 3/8-16x4"

Bell housing to block

- (2) M12x1.75x45

- (2) M12x1.75x50

- (2) M12x1.75x90

- (2) M 8 (unknown, I believe these hold the bottom of the clutch inspection plate)

- (4) M12x1.75 nuts

- (2) M 8 nuts