dirty fluid

after i replaced my master cylinder i flushedthe system just to waste time because i was bored. but after about 5000 miles the fluid has turned black. any ideas whats causing it? is it even a big deal?

after i replaced my master cylinder i flushedthe system just to waste time because i was bored. but after about 5000 miles the fluid has turned black. any ideas whats causing it? is it even a big deal?

If you still have stock lines it's possible that the override line from the front valve finally opened.

If i recall when bleeding our trucks you have to undo the weight sensor arm get it fully open. and bleed the rears, then open one of the front bleeders and then bleed the rears again by pedal pumping. When there is pressure loss in the front it should route brake fluid through the second line that runs to the back. when i did it i just off the weight sensing vlv as best i could.

otherwise ???

i totally didnt specify I'm so sorry. i meant my clutch system

The factory has issues from 84 to 86 with the clutch line deteriorating from inside out. The crud that came from inside the line got into the new clutch master and slave cylinders causing premature failure of the replacements. The policy becam replace both cylinders and the line at the same time.