HELP!!! Turn signals, tail lights & Brake lights don't work

I need some input. I have a '88 Comanche 4X4 4.0 liter long bed. and only the drivers side rear turn signal and brake light works.

Let me start from the beginning. When I got the truck about a month ago it needed some work (fuel tank, broken tail light, shocks, tune up, wind shield) so I replaced those things. the day after I replaced the fuel tank and wind shield I replaced the tail light. then when I went to check the lights I noticed that the front turn signals didn't work. So, I got some bulbs and put them in (after cleaning the sockets just in case) then the passenger side front worked.

Then I tried to get the drivers side front to work but, then the drivers side quit altogether then I got it back working BUT,then the passenger side quit :fs2: and I wasn't able to get it working again

comanche.gif <<<<< Here's what I need to be able to do

If its a 5 son the master might have leaked on the fuse panel, my passenger side turn signal is frozen on

Well it's not a 5 speed so it isn't that either.

Its an auto on the column.

Thanks.

my taillight issue was the metal clip in the fuse panel had broken so even though the fuse was good it only made contact about 60% of the time once i found this out I put a drop of solder on the fuse blade. sanded it flat and stuck it in. my light all work well. could be similar...

If you pull your carpet you'll find a plug behind the drivers seat that has the rear light loom and fuel pump power. You can disconnect it there and test to see what is getting sent to the back easier... would also eliminate any potential faults from there back..

and the plug for the head lights/front turns is located driverside between the air box and head light. would eliminate any faults or shorts caused by plugs. and you could see if powers going through. to the plugs.

my taillight issue was the metal clip in the fuse panel had broken so even though the fuse was good it only made contact about 60% of the time once i found this out I put a drop of solder on the fuse blade. sanded it flat and stuck it in. my light all work well. could be similar...

If you pull your carpet you'll find a plug behind the drivers seat that has the rear light loom and fuel pump power. You can disconnect it there and test to see what is getting sent to the back easier... would also eliminate any potential faults from there back..

and the plug for the head lights/front turns is located driverside between the air box and head light. would eliminate any faults or shorts caused by plugs. and you could see if powers going through. to the plugs.

Thanks I'll check those things. then I'll be doing this> comanche.gif instead of this> :wall:

• 3 weeks later...

:jump:

Eureka!!!!

It works now.

Now for the details, I pulled apart the front connector that goes to the lights in the front and whadyaknow it was all corroded so much so that it couldn't be fixed unless it was replaced sooo I replaced that and also found several crimp connectors that were bad ( solder is the better choice in my opinion )

and also a broken wire to the back

I hope this helps someone else also

comanche.gifcomanche.gifcomanche.gifcomanche.gifcomanche.gifcomanche.gifcomanche.gifcomanche.gifcomanche.gifcomanche.gifcomanche.gifcomanche.gifcomanche.gifcomanche.gifcomanche.gifcomanche.gif

:wrench: :wrench: :wrench: :wrench: :wrench: :wrench: :wrench: :wrench: :wrench: :wrench: :wrench: :wrench: