Total clutch system replacement

I just did my whole system two days ago, real straight forward, just a pain to get the through bolt on reinstalling the master

Got the whole system next day for under 200on Amazon jamminz.gif

I just did my whole system two days ago, real straight forward, just a pain to get the through bolt on reinstalling the master

Got the whole system next day for under 200on Amazon jamminz.gif

What brand master did you get??

Had to have my 2.5 pressure plate (I believe) resurfaced, as it was such short notice; I couldn't snag another in time to be able to get back to work. Haven't had any problems yet *knock on wood* with it. Aside from a lot of cursing and swearing, a clutch system replacement isn't a huge problem. Just very, VERY time consuming... :yes:

How 'ya been Mike? Been waiting to see some progress on that 343 Powered 'Manche for a while! :D :cheers:

@ Red Rocker79

Last May the company I was working for, downsized. I was one of the ones they let go. So, the Comanche project got put on hold. Happy to say, I'm now back to work. Found the AMC-20 rear end. Will be picking it up next month. And, I also found the AMC 343 V8 engine, which I should be picking up the following month, or month after. Still need to find the AX-15 2wd 5spd. But, we will get to that when we get to that.

As far as the parts, not sure what the brands are. Ordered the parts, and should be here by Tuesday, the latest. Includes everything but the lines. Master clutch kit is for the AMC 2.5/AX-4 4spd combo. Noted that the bolt on master cylinder may be problematic.

The plan is to only run this, this summer til plates expire in November. I wonder if this clutch problem isn't due to it sitting for 5+ months, while I didn't work. Used it for a couple of days to go to work, and then it just failed?

jamminz.gif On a positive note, truck did hit and surpass 200,000 miles jamminz.gif

Mike

I did mine not too long go and did not resurface the flywheel. have had no issues except for faulty masters and slaves. Did ya try bleeding it? might be worth a shot before ya tear it all apart.

I filled the reservoir full of fluid. And, in 5 to 7 pumps, the fluid is all over the ground. I don't think bleeding is going to do any good. Considering that, I'd just rather replace it all. The new hydraulics have a lifetime warranty.

Mike

hmmm fluid on the ground could be a bad thing and a source of the problem. id guess the line between the master and slave gave out. I'm curious about the "problematic" bolt on the master. What exactly are you guys talking about?

@ Red Rocker79

Last May the company I was working for, downsized. I was one of the ones they let go. So, the Comanche project got put on hold. Happy to say, I'm now back to work. Found the AMC-20 rear end. Will be picking it up next month. And, I also found the AMC 343 V8 engine, which I should be picking up the following month, or month after. Still need to find the AX-15 2wd 5spd. But, we will get to that when we get to that.

As far as the parts, not sure what the brands are. Ordered the parts, and should be here by Tuesday, the latest. Includes everything but the lines. Master clutch kit is for the AMC 2.5/AX-4 4spd combo. Noted that the bolt on master cylinder may be problematic.

The plan is to only run this, this summer til plates expire in November. I wonder if this clutch problem isn't due to it sitting for 5+ months, while I didn't work. Used it for a couple of days to go to work, and then it just failed?

jamminz.gif On a positive note, truck did hit and surpass 200,000 miles jamminz.gif

Mike

Glad to know you're doing alright man. :cheers: :wrench: Definitely have to agree with Harley4579. That's exactly how mine acted when the slave finally gave out. Replaced it with a new slave and clutch pack; haven't had any problems yet. :thumbsup:

Okay. I'm a little confused. :???: The slave cylinder looks a caliper piston. :???:

Just a side question, will the hydraulics interchange with the AX 15? Or, will I be replacing these parts again?

Mike

We got it to hold pressure. There is a slight leak. Going to run it a few days, see how it does. Then, will be re-placing the whole system. Even with the price of the clutch invested, I'm still ahead with the miles I've already driven. So, re-placement is still the way to go. Will probably drive it 2 or so more summers, before total re-do is done.

Mike