97+ parts

ok so i'm sure these questions get asked here over and over but i've read contradicting answers from a few different jeep forums and i need help with the real answers.

so my first question, will 97+ header panel/grill/headlights/etc bolt on without the newer fenders? the only difference i can see is that it looks like 97+ fenders are hacked off even with the top of the bumper??

i was interested in some fiberglass pre-runner fenders to go on my mj but the ones i want are only made for 96 and back cherokee's. the thing is that i've seen another mj with these fiberglass fenders and a 97+ header panel. so obviously it can be done, but does it just require some fender trimming or what?

my second question, 97+ doors? will they bolt up or not?? \

i've seen multiple answers on this one, some say yes. some say no. some say only the 2 door xj's, some say 4 door xj's. to me it looks like 97+ fronts from a 4 door will work but i could be wrong. someone please help me out here

Doors will bolt over fine. Four door XJ doors to a MJ.

The 1997+ header will bolt to 1996- fenders, but require the 1997+ fender brackets. The 1996- brackets are a simple L shaped piece of sheet metal while the 1997+ are crazy. It will look a little silly since the smooth header will not blend with the edged fenders.

The 97+ front doors from a 4 door will bolt up. However, the strikers are completely different and will need to be addressed if you want them to close and latch.

Whoops, forgot about that part! The last I saw on another build one bolt is roughly in the same place and another hole needs to be drilled then a nutsert installed.

The 97+ front doors from a 4 door will bolt up. However, the strikers are completely different and will need to be addressed if you want them to close and latch.

Whoops, forgot about that part! The last I saw on another build one bolt is roughly in the same place and another hole needs to be drilled then a nutsert installed.

I opened the hole in the striker and bolted it to the existing hole in the body, works great. I never got around to adding the second bolt, its been at least a year and they haven't moved yet.

also the newer style fenders have a forward facing stud that goes through the new style header panel. if you use a new header panel without the old fenders it is only held on by the top mounting bracket. I used zip ties to hold the bottom but I'm sure you can easily make a bracket to hold it.

also the newer style fenders have a forward facing stud that goes through the new style header panel. if you use a new header panel without the old fenders it is only held on by the top mounting bracket. I used zip ties to hold the bottom but I'm sure you can easily make a bracket to hold it.

See my post above about the fender brackets.

I know that the fender brackets are different but there is also a stud on the newer fenders that go through the header panel behind directional under the headlight and uses a 10mm nut to secure the bottom of the header panel to the fenders.

I know that the fender brackets are different but there is also a stud on the newer fenders that go through the header panel behind directional under the headlight and uses a 10mm nut to secure the bottom of the header panel to the fenders.

so i would just have to drill a hole and run a bolt through?

just for some further detail, this is what fender/header panel combo i want

IMG_0247.32483202.JPG

and for anyone else looking to do this swap, i think this is pretty much a steal

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-2000-99-98-JEEP-CHEROKEE-GRILLE-CHROM-HEADER-PANEL?item=170567029165&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D2%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7936018049006490770#ht_3081wt_1037

I have no idea what those fenders are like, they may already have a stud on them if they were modeled after 97+ fenders. if not you may just have come up with a bracket to attach the bottom of the header panel so it has something to secure the bottom of it.