3.07 or 4.11 What do I do?

Okay My 89 mj has a dana35 with 4.11's, my donor xj has 3.07's chrysler 8.25, I want to run 31-32 tires, This will be a parts runner/DD maybe a corn field everynow and then, Just want it sitting on 31-32 bfg at's or similiar tire, my donor xj has a hp30 with 3.07's could i regear to 4.11's to match or should I just try to find I dana 30 with 4.11's (is that even possible ?) Thanks for any input!

And I forgot to mention, The mj will be running a 4.0 5spd / ax15 / 231 (out of the 94xj)

And I know it would be easier to find a dana30 with 4.10's can you run that with a 4.11 35 in the rear?

just find an hp30 with 4.10's out of an xj. you just need to find an xj with the 2.5 in it, those came factory with 4.10's. i picked one up from a guy for $200 for my zj build since i'm wanting to run 35's.

or the cheaper route would be to just run the 3.07's. i was running 3.07's in my old waggy and it was a just a little sluggish on take off but great highway gear.

my MJ had 30s/3.07s and would try to stall if you weren't paying attention. :dunno: as with everything in the jeep world, user experiences may differ. :D

First 5 speed?

:cheers:

haha :D

nope, first experience with installing bigger tires. 3.55s made it normal again.

my MJ had 30s/3.07s and would try to stall if you weren't paying attention. :dunno: as with everything in the jeep world, user experiences may differ. :D

First 5 speed?

:cheers:

haha :D

nope, first experience with installing bigger tires. 3.55s made it normal again.