Brake Lights

The guy i bought my 86 comanche from.. Never hooked up the brake lights when he did the 95 engine / dash / etc Swap..

Anyone have a picture of the wiring diagram, So i can find which wire i need to splice into from the brake pedal? :/

Not sure if i'm straight retarded... Or I'm missing something obvious...

Ran a wire STRAIGHT from the brake switch on the pedal, To the lights in the back.. Checked the wire & it has 12v

Hook it up to wire A, No light. Wire b, No light Same for C/D.

Even grounded the lights directly to the bumper thinking it was a ground issue...

Congratulations ! your one of the 10 percent who can actually spell "brakes" :thumbsup:

I at least know that much.. lol

Okay so, Turns out i was using the wrong wire out of the brake switch (Theres like 6 of them & Two have 12v Running through them)

So i got that figured out... But now when i hit the brakes With the turn signal on, The signal stays on nonstop & The other sides brake light turns off...

I @#$%ing hate wiring.

/e

I guess the right side works FINE, But the left side blinker is having problems

I'm so confused

/e2

Just had to switch what wire i had it spliced into at the light..

Now it works like it should ~_~

genius.png

• 2 months later...
Check out this topic: http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopi ... =9&t=19695

You want to look at the HO to RENIX diagram lower in the thread.

:cheers:

* Pin 11 on XJ Black connector, need to run a wire to pin P on the turn signal/hazard switch.(11 pin flat connector on lower steering column) This will provide proper wiring for the brake lights.

Spent the last hour trying to find the 11pin connector.. Not quite sure if i even have it, Since the whole steering column is out of a 95 cherokee

Now what.. lol

I Seriously hate wiring.

For what its worth you say the right side brake light works but the left doesn't.....It could be your turn signal switch. Mine is messed up and if I use it then my left brake light quits working til I mess with the lever and get it to light again. Something I haven't gotten around to replacing yet. Just a thought anyway.

For what its worth you say the right side brake light works but the left doesn't.....It could be your turn signal switch. Mine is messed up and if I use it then my left brake light quits working til I mess with the lever and get it to light again. Something I haven't gotten around to replacing yet. Just a thought anyway.

That was because i thought i could just bypass the switch & hook up a line directly to the brake lights. Which back fed power to the switch, causing only one side to work.

Check out this topic: http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopi ... =9&t=19695

You want to look at the HO to RENIX diagram lower in the thread.

:cheers:

* Pin 11 on XJ Black connector, need to run a wire to pin P on the turn signal/hazard switch.(11 pin flat connector on lower steering column) This will provide proper wiring for the brake lights.

Spent the last hour trying to find the 11pin connector.. Not quite sure if i even have it, Since the whole steering column is out of a 95 cherokee

Now what.. lol

I Seriously hate wiring.

Is it a different harness for a 95 column? Because i can't find the 11pin :/

Halp