steering issues ?????

so i bought a comanche that was lifted 7.5 inches an it came with a bent$!% tierod and trac bar .i installed the tracbar an new tierod but now where the tierod mounts to drag link its hitting on th bolt for my steering stabilizer lol this sucks do i have to adjust my control arms or what nutz I'm confused an before u ask everything was installed correctly . thanks tony :huh???:

I had the same problem. My front pinion angle was too high and my coil springs were bowed. I shortened the upper control arms to correct the pinion angle and straighten the coil springs. When I did this, it also pulled the stabilizer bolt away from the drag link.

I had the same problem after bumping into a stump... measure from the outaide of each tire ,stick a pry bar in between the two and bend the draglink out a hair and then measure again to see if your alignment changed and then adjust accordingly

At 7.5" of lift you really shouldn't be running the factory "inverted y" steering setup...

The only way to eliminate the issue correctly is to run a crossover steering kit, or drop the draglink down (with a drop pitman arm); which I'd not recommend the drop pitman arm. Adjusting control arm length may eliminate the issue, but most likely will effect the pinion angle of your axle and cause other issues.

jamminz.gif well thanks guys for the help again an hey pete I'm planning on doing whole write up this truck with pics from start to finish everything was completely stripped out of the truck an put back in with alot of pics with that being said how many pics can i load at once an my trucks good now thanks it was the upper control arm length. comanche.gif