tachometer (RPM) 6 cylinders to 4 cylinders move

Hello

I have no tachometer to my Comanchen and would like to postprepare with pleasure one. Now I have asked in Germany already everywhere, however, for 4 cylinders I get nobody. Now I have a tachometer (RPM) of 6 cylinders here and wanted to ask you sometimes whether one cannot alter him thus this with my 4 cylinders engine functions.

If somebody can help me please of you

Greeting Peter comanche.gif

On the weekend I plugged in a XJ cluster (4.0L) into my 88 (2.5L) and the tach did indeed work but the water temp and oil pressure did not,.. Now I am unsure if they worked before as I had not tested it before in another truck but the tach did work.

Hope that helps!

On the weekend I plugged in a XJ cluster (4.0L) into my 88 (2.5L) and the tach did indeed work but the water temp and oil pressure did not,.. Now I am unsure if they worked before as I had not tested it before in another truck but the tach did work.

Hope that helps!

Did your old gauge cluster have dummy lights, or gauges?

Hope that helps!

Dummy lights ,.. I miss needles moving in front of me

Hope that helps!

Dummy lights ,.. I miss needles moving in front of me

Senders for the oil pressure and temp gauges are different from the dummy light ones. You need the gauge senders.

Hello Boys

my big respect for your quick help many many thanks for it and all best greetings from Old Germany :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

comanche.gif Peter

Heißen Sie willkommen zum Comanche Klub Forum, übrigens.

Thanks for your answer but can you wright me what the right potentiometer on the back is.

Have you a picture ?

Peter

here's a link for you http://widetrackdrive.com/temp/mj/tach-pot.jpg :cheers:

That's a good photo. The potentiometer is the part labeled "J103C"

:wrench: Adjusting / setting the tachometer ; Before completely installing the new gauge pod , remove the speedometer from the pod ( screws on back side ) , plug in wiring harness while pod is just resting in dash opening . This will give you access to the tach adjusting screw ( while engine is running ) . Hook up a hand-held tach to the smaller (yellow) terminal under the hood between the battery and the firewall on the right side fender . Start the engine , adjust the new tach to match RPM of hand-held tach . Re-install speedo , and complete gauge pod into the dash . Hook up speedo cable , install new oil & temperaure senders if you have'nt done so already . :cheers: