TOB gone

I drive an 88 4x4 long bed w/ pukey tran. I bought an exedy clutch kit 5 months ago and the slave cylinder/TOB already crapped out on me.

I'm strapped for time and I would like to avoid dropping my transmission without proper tools again, considering how miserable that experience was. Does anyone know what labor would cost for the replacement?

I already have the part and have gotten online labor quotes at around $80-110. Does this seem accurate?

Thanks for the help.

I posted some time ago about you guys installing these crappy OReilly internals...........never learn I guess.

I just talked to a guy locally last night who is selling his MJ and he told me he already installed two of these this year and it went out again........tells me to bring a trailer............screw it, he can keep it.

You'll never learn.

I drive an 88 4x4 long bed w/ pukey tran. I bought an exedy clutch kit 5 months ago and the slave cylinder/TOB already crapped out on me.

I'm strapped for time and I would like to avoid dropping my transmission without proper tools again, considering how miserable that experience was. Does anyone know what labor would cost for the replacement?

I already have the part and have gotten online labor quotes at around $80-110. Does this seem accurate?

Thanks for the help.

A couple of years ago I asked when I was at the shop that does my emissions testing. I think their estimate was $600. That was just for labor.

Thanks for the help.

A couple of years ago I asked when I was at the shop that does my emissions testing. I think their estimate was $600. That was just for labor.

I'll be happy to do them day after day for $600 and I'll include parts.

I posted some time ago about you guys installing these crappy OReilly internals...........never learn I guess.

I was planning on doing a full AX-15 swap this summer and was hoping that the POS that I bought would be enough to limp back home in May. Obviously, I was wrong.

I should have known, the instructions were in Chinese...

As much as I don't like getting crappy parts, the internal slave/TOB assembly is so ridiculous that I can't justify spending more money than I have to on it.

Edit: This time I bought a Dorman. Any info on how well they do?