89 parts Comanche for sale, Roanoke VA

xjtrailrider

This was my beloved MJ that I did a resto mod on back in July. My son put it on its lid in the snow storm yesterday.

There is not a straight panel left with the exception of the tailgate. Some of the interior is still useful but muddy. It has the upgraded brake system and coolant system, new fuel pump and injectors and I just tuned it up last week with ACCEL cap/rotor and NGK plugs.

I need to see if it will start. The tires are new(31x10.5 Firestone Destination AT's on Crager Soft 8's) the drivers side front will need the bead reset but looks fine. The rear bumper is a brand new FEY and has a slight bend on the pass side that can easily be fixed and re-used. There are a bunch of new parts on this Jeep that could help you with a resto, unfortunately the body is shot.

It has RE SuperFlex arms and trac bar, OME MD springs on the front, Hell Creek AAL's on the back. The rear axle is a Chryco 8.25 27 spline that could be converted to a 29 spline easily.

$1000 and you come and get it! I want it out of my sight, it just depresses me.

Before;

After;

Some pics as it sits now;

The tool box and stereo are already sold, everything else goes as one unit, no part outs!

Please e-mail me with any questions as I do not frequent this site daily

jrhammes@yahoo.com Put "Comanche" in the subject line

Thanks!

damn man.....don't need any parts, but sorry to see how it happened. That was one freak of a snowstorm we got. Kid is o.k., yes?

Jeff

Yes, he walked away without a scratch!

I forgot to add that the AC was upgraded to r134 with a 96 compressor and bracket and all other components. It blows(or should I say blew) cold air in the hot summer we had last year.

Thats a sad sight but glad to hear hes ok. I drove home from Blacksburg through that storm yesterday afternoon and it sure was ugly. Easily saw a dozen or so cars in the ditch but didnt see any upside down. Is that white or silver?

Silver, I used the paint code from my 09 Hemi Commander. I just had it painted in August 2011. I did the rest-mod from May to July 2011.

There is a bunch of new parts that would help someone out. Way more than the asking price even with the body screwed the way it is. I plan on starting the engine this weekend after I pull the plugs and crank the oil out of the cylinders.

Bump! i want this gone! I'm going to have to go on Anti-Depressant meds if i look at it any longer :doh:

$925 as it sits without the tool box and stereo

$800 minus the front lift(OME springs, RE track-bar and LCA's) I will replace all of that with stock components.

You pick it up!

I live less than 1 mile from US 220(runs from Roanoke to Ellerbe NC) and less than 10 miles from I-81 which runs from TN/SWVA to NY/Canada border

I really wish that was closer to me... I would love to take it off your hands.

Btw, glad to hear everybody is ok after that. Very sad to see such a well built Comanche go.

I'm thinking about fixing it.

It runs so dang good I hate to give up on it, after all it didn't give up on my son!

I'm looking for a donor to graph a top off of or a good rust free body to swap in the drivetrain.

I'm cutting up a 92 in western Mass. I can cut the complete lid off of it but it'll be a ride.

Hey if gas wasn't $4 a gallon, I would make the drive! My HEMI Commander loves gas especially towing! Probably would cost me $200 to make the trip. I think I can find one local if not just buy a whole truck.

I'll buy the drip rails from you if you still have them! Both of mine are gone from the wreck.

Archived