Exhaust ?

What country are you from?

cruiser54, what does your reply have to do with the OP's question?

To the OP, the XJ exhaust after the header down pipe is completely different due to wheelbase and routing differences. Any competent muffler shop could make it work by cutting/bending/ welding, but IMHO not a good idea. It would make better economic sense to install the correct exhaust components for your SWB MJ yourself.

You can get the exhaust parts from Walker. I ordered my parts thru Autozone, they were cheaper then other places for the same exact parts.

Replaced my exhaust today. New cat, muffler and tailpipe. They were all from Walker. Suppose to be direct replacement and pretty much was, except that I had to cut the mounts off and reweld them on in slightly different spots. They were close but could not get the tailpipe level at the rear.

the cherokee exhaust fits the short bed comanche if is not what modifications require ?

No.

The front exhaust pipe is the same, the catalytic converter is the same, and the muffler is the same. The tailpipe is completely different.

How many inches is the oem exhaust 2'', 2.5'' or 3'' ??

For the 4.0L 6-cylinder, it's 2-1/2 for the exhaust (front) pipe, the catalytic converter is 2-1/2" in and 2-1/4" out, the muffler and tailpipe are 2-1/4".

The 4-cylinder used different diameters depending on what year.