wing window latch issue

I know this is very low tech, but the latch on one of my wing windows has about a 1/8 inch slop in it --- the PO had put a shim on the window frame, but I would like to tighten this correctly --- suggestions? thanks for looking

I went thru this same issue a few months ago and finally just bought a new handle assembly (part number 83504101 driver 83504102 passenger side) and installed it. Easy fix..The problem with the vent window handle assemblies is they are installed with permanent loctite and unless you can heat it to about 475 degrees, you can't get it apart without breaking it. I drilled the old one out and put the new one in. Cost of the new assembly at the dealer is $65.00 plus but you can get them for around $45.00 from some of the discount jeep parts dealers like Parks Motors in KS which is where I got mine..

Or you can go to the JY and get a complete window assembly and swap it out.

Hope this helps. Good Luck

That small rivet at the top might also be rusted, if so you have to drill it out and replace it with a brass scew and nut. The same thing is wrong with mine and that's what I was told.

This was the problem with mine too. Instead of the bolt and nut I used a 1/4" stainless pop rivet with washer shims top and bottom and it worked fine. :cheers: