how to: install a factory transfercase skidplate

sorry Wade....been out shuttling medical staff into the local hospitals all day today and just got home. Need dinner, shower, and several beers (not necessarily in that order LOL).

IIRC the skid doesn't block the tranny mount holes in the bottom of the Xmember. But if it does block one or two of them, that's nothing a 1/2" holesaw coudn't fixx.... ;)

JEff

sorry Wade....been out shuttling medical staff into the local hospitals all day today and just got home. Need dinner, shower, and several beers (not necessarily in that order LOL).

IIRC the skid doesn't block the tranny mount holes in the bottom of the Xmember. But if it does block one or two of them, that's nothing a 1/2" holesaw coudn't fixx.... ;)

JEff

No worries Jeff, I put the cross-member back up today and got a better look at the skid.... I think at least 2 of the tranny mount holes were blocked and I'd hate to remove too much metal from the skid at the end. Getting regular nuts up in the cross-member and held with anything was going to be a total pain in the butt...

Once I get them (getting mailed from a friend) I'm going to use 2 of these nutserts in the Cross-member, I enlarged the cross-member skid plate mounting holes to 17/32" and once seated, will use a 5/16x18 Thread Grade 8 Bolt. Same Nutsert in the Frame side Hole. These are the same nutserts that were provided with my Savvy Offroad Aluminum Corner Armor that I just installed on the TJ, so I asked Gerald @ Savvy to get me a couple extras.

dhtkjhfj11gjmrrfgrb2739.jpg

Wade

• 4 weeks later...
There are alternatives to using the high-dollar tool to install the nutsert....I was just lucky enough to have a neighbor that has about every gadget known to man :D

what you live next to the canadian tire guy?? :bowdown: lucky b*stard