drool

Druville

A) Missing a Cargo Bed

B) Doesn't look trail rated, much less trail ready

C) Definitely the kind of crap that continues to dilute the Jeep product line, and alienate their core customers. Just another pathetic attempt by an out of touch upper management, trying to appease the masses, by duplicating the kind of crap that every other AUTO manufacturer is cranking off the end of their assembly lines. Instead of focusing on the original intention of a quality product, which was built for a specific purpose of traversing open country where no developed roads existed, they keep trying to steal a small percentage of the soccer mom purchasing public away from the mini-van market.

It is so sad to see this happen to Jeep product line since they got sucked up into the "Global Market". Their sales are down and they are grasping at straws.

Unfounded rant you say? Well let's look back at what happened to Harley Davidson after it was purchased by AMF. Damn near ruined the original product and was ready to kill the name, along with the heritage, completely. The only reason Harley is where it is at today is because Willy Davidson bought it back, and rebuilt it after AMF left it in a shambles.

Where is Willis? Or any other strong entrepreneur willing to rescue the Jeep product from the quagmire that Damier Chrysler has left it in?

Rant Finished, Off my Soap Box,

Red Dog

A) Missing a Cargo Bed

B) Doesn't look trail rated, much less trail ready

C) Definitely the kind of crap that continues to dilute the Jeep product line, and alienate their core customers. Just another pathetic attempt by an out of touch upper management, trying to appease the masses, by duplicating the kind of crap that every other AUTO manufacturer is cranking off the end of their assembly lines. Instead of focusing on the original intention of a quality product, which was built for a specific purpose of traversing open country where no developed roads existed, they keep trying to steal a small percentage of the soccer mom purchasing public away from the mini-van market.

It is so sad to see this happen to Jeep product line since they got sucked up into the "Global Market". Their sales are down and they are grasping at straws.

Unfounded rant you say? Well let's look back at what happened to Harley Davidson after it was purchased by AMF. Damn near ruined the original product and was ready to kill the name, along with the heritage, completely. The only reason Harley is where it is at today is because Willy Davidson bought it back, and rebuilt it after AMF left it in a shambles.

Where is Willis? Or any other strong entrepreneur willing to rescue the Jeep product from the quagmire that Damier Chrysler has left it in?

Rant Finished, Off my Soap Box,

Red Dog

I for one am kinda happy that us jeepers get an SRT Jeep.

admitted Id rather see it in the new Gladiator concept, but really, Id rather Jeep and DCX bend with the trend rather than stick it out and fail miserably.

Id kill for another Cherokee, orthe MJ with updated frontend and parts. Id gladly pay $33 000 for a 2008 Comanche jamminz.gif but I can forsee purchasing a Compass/Libertoy/Wrangler in the future if I ever get a family going. A nice family vehicle, that's good on gas and still a Jeep. I'm a Jeeper till I die. Kids or not haha.

OK,

Maybe I was a bit harsh. Just Pi$$ed that they killed the Gladiator. Nice upgrade though, but still think the Jeep product line is going in the wrong direction. Those guys need to realize that the competition can crank out mini SUV's cheaper and faster than they can. They need to stick to their core market and focus on building quality products, which can pull everyone else's vehicles out of the ditch when they get stuck. That was the original intention....Right?

Red Dog

OK,

Maybe I was a bit harsh. Just Pi$$ed that they killed the Gladiator. Nice upgrade though, but still think the Jeep product line is going in the wrong direction. Those guys need to realize that the competition can crank out mini SUV's cheaper and faster than they can. They need to stick to their core market and focus on building quality products, which can pull everyone else's vehicles out of the ditch when they get stuck. That was the original intention....Right?

Red Dog

my brother has winched 3, thats right THREE stuck oversized SUVs out of odd random situations (in a cherokee)

one they missed the drive and had the yukon on 24s stuck in a HUGE ditch in the yard off the driveway

two someone ran off the road in another oversized blinged out peice

and i don't remember three.

but he enjoys doing it so much, i think its one of his favorite parts of his jeep :brows: