What lift?

This is probably a topic all ready but I'm new here. I'm wanting to lift my Comanche 3-4 inchs for 31x10.5s. I am thinking about the Rustys offroad 3in lift with hellcreek 3in leafs, or the Cherokee rubicon express 3.5 lift with hellcreek 3in springs. This will be a daily driver, so I don't think I'm going to do any serious offroading but you never know. Any pics would help also.

I have used Rusty's suspension parts on my XJ without issue, but I have read about a fair amount of problems other people have had...sagging springs, broken welds on trac bars, etc.

I am in the process of building my MJ now. For my springs, I decided to use Rubicon Express front coils and the Hell Creek rear springs, both for 4.5" lift.

My XJ is lifted 5.5"-6" now, but my initial lift was the Rubicon Express 3.5" superflex lift and it worked great. If I was looking for enough lift to clear 31's, I wouldn't hesitate to get the same lift again.

I know it is an XJ, but here is how 3.5" sat rifing on 31x10.50's:

2019-img-4346a.jpg

Just to be contrarian -- you do NOT have to lift a Comanche to run 31x10.50-15s if you use Jeep rims.

Now that you know you don't "need" to lift your truck, how much do you "want" to lift it? Especially since it's a daily driver and will see limited use off-road, I would suggest you not go more than a 2" budget boost ... and I was much happier with my '88 MJ after I removed the 4" lift it had when I bought it, and set it back to stock height.

if you are going to get hell creek springs, might as well get the Metric Ton springs... they give about 3 inches of lift and add about 500 lbs to cargo capacity. for the front ZJ V8 coils will lift about 2 inches, spacers can be added if you need to level it out more.

I am running ZJ V8 coils and 2 inch spacers front with Hell Creek Metric Ton leaves in the back, with 31x10.5R15 tires

378476_2636695637166_1248744812_3116457_1742421417_n.jpg

If you insist on lifting more than 2-3" than I would recommend buying the Hell creek rear springs and then buying your front parts piece by piece to match the rear. I found it is much easier to lift/level the front to match the rear after its lifted.