Rear AAL or Shackle lift

I added a Rustys 3" lift with rear AAL. I measured ride height before and after and picked up 3" up front and only 1" in the rear. I actualy like it this way it sits level with a slight rake towards the front. I am now thinking about removing the AAL and adding the Chevy drop shackles for the same lift ( or More) and a better ride. What are your thoughts?

Thanks, Steve

A Chevy 2" drop shackle will only lift a Comanche between .5" and .75". It will also change your pinion angle causing driveline vibration.

IMO both an add-a-leaf and a shackle lift are "quick fixes" if the only intention is lift and nothing else is done. You get what you pay for. You pay for something cheap, you get cheap results.

If you don't like the ride of the add-a-leaf, either have a professional shop re-arch your stock leafs, or get a full replacement leaf pack. Both Hell Creek and Motion Offroad sell 3" leaf packs. Despite what someone said in the recent past, unless I hear differently from both MO and Hell Creek, I believe their packs are made to the same specs by the same company (Alcan?). My MO 3" leaf spring raised me 1" over my stock 4wd springs. IMO they weren't designed for 3" lift over stock 4wd specs, but rather look "right" or mostly level when combined with 3" lift front springs.

I do not have an engineering degree, nor do I work in the Jeep or 4wd industry. The above is my opinion combined with my personal experiences.

Despite what someone said in the recent past, unless I hear differently from both MO and Hell Creek, I believe their packs are made to the same specs by the same company (Alcan?).

Can't speak for the others but can speak for us. You are correct all our XJ & MJ leafs are made for us to our specs by Alcan.