Lift Kits

you'll never get 5" out of an AAL. so your choices are SOA or full replacement leaf pack. :thumbsup:

what size tires are you looking to run?

Most likely 33x12.5

Think the kit with the aal had shackles too

You'll never get 5" out of an AAL and shackles; especially if they are designed for a Cherokee which has flatter leafs, shorter shackles and is SOA.

what axles/gears are you using?

Not quite sure, I'll have to go check tomorrow.

you'll never get 5" out of an AAL. so your choices are SOA or full replacement leaf pack. :thumbsup:

what size tires are you looking to run?

Most likely 33x12.5

Think the kit with the aal had shackles too

You'll never get 5" out of an AAL and shackles; especially if they are designed for a Cherokee which has flatter leafs, shorter shackles and is SOA.

Dunno, Was just going off a kit i saw for a mj

Some companies seem to think what will work for a Cherokee will work identically for a Comanche. This is true for the front, but will bite you in the behind on the rear.

Lets assume we are looking at a Cherokee lift that uses an AAL to lift the rear 3" on top of a shackle that provides an additional 2" of lift. First of, that shackle will lift the rear of a Comanche only 1", if that. Let's assume the AAL is 1/2" thick, the thickness of it by itself lifts the Cherokee 1/2", but will do nothing for the Comanche (besides lowering ground clearance by 1/2"). then the remaining 2 1/2" will give less on a Comanche because Comanche leafs themselves have more of an arch to it than Cherokee leafs which are nearly flat. Quite possible the arch matches the factory arch, so the only lift you get is the smaller sag due to having a stiffer spring pack, so let's say maybe 1".

So now you 5" lift kit will lift the rear of the truck only 2".

I do believe Hell Creek makes a Comanche specific AAL that works well with a 3" front lift. They also have 3" and 4.5" full replacement leaf packs. SOA in the rear is cheaper, but will need 6.5" up front to look right, and lifting the front 6.5" correctly is no small task and will use up and $$$ you safe on the rear plus some.

33x10.50 will work just fine at 4.5" lift. 33x11.50 may or may not. 33x12.50 will cause problems on the front when steering. At 4.5" lift I suggest going with 33x10.50 or 32x11.50 tires. For 33x12.50 i suggest 6.5" front and SOA rear. You will also have to extend the front bump stops or cut your fenders.

What are you planning to do with this? Daily driver, DD/weekend warrior, or dedicated trail pig.

I had some 33x12.50 ATs I tried to run with 4.5" front coils and parking lots were almost impossible. Turning one way they'd hit the front of the fender, turning the other way they'd hit the back. They were in 15x8 Soft 8s with 4" BS.

I had some 33x12.50 ATs I tried to run with 4.5" front coils and parking lots were almost impossible. Turning one way they'd hit the front of the fender, turning the other way they'd hit the back. They were in 15x8 Soft 8s with 4" BS.

Did you cut out the fender at all?