Clutch Replacement/Diagnosis

Hey man good work on fixing your truck, I just wanted to point out that you said you 'made' a new clutch line? I wanted to warn you that there's a rubber section of that hose for a reason, if you have a straight piece of brake line, yeah it will work - but it will break at the worst possible time so be careful of that. The rubber section is to compensate for vibration and the shifting of the motor/trans. I'd get the replacement hose asap, Napa sells them for about 25$.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey man good work on fixing your truck, I just wanted to point out that you said you 'made' a new clutch line? I wanted to warn you that there's a rubber section of that hose for a reason, if you have a straight piece of brake line, yeah it will work - but it will break at the worst possible time so be careful of that. The rubber section is to compensate for vibration and the shifting of the motor/trans. I'd get the replacement hose asap, Napa sells them for about 25$.

Do you happen to have a part number?

If the thing breaks, its never more then 100 feet from the garage so its not going to be a big deal. Thanks for the input, I will not be doing that to something that I drive and depend on thats for sure.