Skull-Manche

so are you going to replace the entire engine? or just the head?

and i see you changed the dukes of hazzard look with the skull because of the confederate flag, but i still see it on the roof in that picture :P is it gone now?

Replacing the whole engine. There was a TON of coolant in the oil and inside the engine. It had just under 200k on it and the one we found only has about 120k on it. I'm replacing the radiator, hoses, engine mounts, etc while we're in there too so I figured I might as well just bolt in the other engine and pull whatever I can salvage off of the old one before scrapping it to get some of my money back.

The flag is gone now. I had to go buy more paint and wait for it to be remotely warm to paint over it. I'm about to add some decals to the doors and roof. Some of the guys from work and I are forming a Zombie Apocalypse Response team....AS A JOKE. There was a guy in here a couple weeks ago that was swearing up and down that there would be a zombie apocalypse this year and the world would end...and he was serious. :nuts: We thought we'd have a little fun making fun of it and designed some decals to throw on our Jeeps. Should be good for a laugh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What are your thoughts on those ProComp lights? I was looking at them today for my roll bar.

They are ok. Not great. The glass lens tends to break on them. I'm actually about to swap them out with something else.

p.s.

sorry for the delayed response. Just had a new baby and am having to replace my engine as well. Fun times.

After a whole lot of :wrench: and :cheers: We finally got the engine pulled. Now I have to get the new exhaust manifold put on the replacement engine and get everything back in. This has turned out to be a surprisingly fun project. Then again...I may be crazy. :nuts:

More pics to follow:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

• 4 months later...

Finally got a day off where I wasn't doing 500 other things...so what better to do than to pull the carpet out of the Comanche!

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The passenger side only has a small spot that needs patched. The driver's side will need a new floor panel, but it still was a lot better than I thought. I'll get it all patched up in the next week or so and put a layer of por-15 or bed liner down to cover it up...who needs carpet anyway. Pics of the progress so far are below...enjoy!

Now I just need to find some bucket seats to put in and I'll be set!

Image Not Found

After sweeping it out

Image Not Found

Passenger's Side

Image Not Found

Driver's Side

Image Not Found

Driver's Side Close-Up

Image Not Found

Kid's enjoying the seat in the back...they want me to leave it there. Maybe I'll have to come up with something for them soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Well...The frame finally took a crap on me and broke. And with the move to Texas coming up, I gave it to one of my buddies here at 4WD so he could weld the frame and keep her going...I can't risk it with the kids.

I'll be looking for another Comanche once I get down to the Dallas area though...so I'm not going anywhere. :cheers:

That reminds me, look for Devin on here soon (he just signed up). He'll also be the one to contact at 4WD once I'm gone, unless you want to come by and visit me in the Coppell store, email me, or call my cell. Like I said, I'm not going anywhere.