New to the site

Hello to all, I just wanted to post that I am new to this crowd. I have a barn find an 89 Comanche Pioneer with 103k original miles comanche.gif I picked up for $1500.00 or the equivalent for where I am. It is completely stock 2WD 5spd 4.0L no rust, yet well used considering. My wife and I serve as foreign missionaries in Guatemala Central America for more than 15 years now, :USAflag: yet we are North American. Aside of ministry this is about all I have time for right now as per extracurricular activities. :thumbsup: I hope to find a lot of usable items and comments here that will help along side the advernture of owning a jeep comanche.

:jump:

Hi there, I'm new as well! You have a solid looking beast there. Can't wait to see it all pretty when you are done with it. I've been lurking around this site off an on for a few years now, these guys will most certainly point you straight!

Not to hijack your thread, but you do missionary work? From the very little I know about it, sounds like a rough road to walk, but with great rewards for the soul. While not of the faith myself, I give you extreme Kudos! It takes a lot of yourself to do that kind of work. Keep making change man, you're doing something important for a lot of people.

Back to the MJ stuff. you have exactly the dash cluster I wish I had. Mine is full of lights and no gauges. I don't trust warning lights. They can burn out, and you'd have no way of knowing about it. Makes my list of the dumbest design ideas ever. Keep us posted on your progress. I can't wait to watch it come together.

:thumbsup: Thanks for the comments and kudos. On the way home after picking up this little gem :roll: the clutch seemed to go out or :dunno: something it was very hard shifting gears. I had to doble clutch and speed shift on mountain roads. comanche.gif What an adventure unexpected. :wrench: Maybe some can give me an idea what to look at, becuase the clutch was suposed recently installed.

Hey thanks for the input posts, and pm's. :thumbsup: I have checked the clutch master cylinder, and it is new full and dry all round. Next??? ;) Pedel doesn't seen sloppy, up and down like it works, :( but hardly goes in to gear all the way to the floor.

Well have come to find out that the clutch master cylinder is not the correct size. Rather it is not correct at all. :( I got to looking and it seems small in comparison to my 90 Cherokee. Low and behold it is smaller. What is adapted on the manche is 5/8 and it should be 3/4. The previous owner when putting on a new clutch put a master cylinder for some Japanese pickup that is not as big around nor as long to connect correctly through the slave and pedal assembly. :doh: