my project daily/weekend warrior!

well I'm not new to jeeps at all ive owned 3 total. Ive owned a 03 rubicon, which i hated, then i owned a 2000 cherokee i should have never got rid of but thankfully it all led me to my love, my 86 comanche! the plans for the comanche are to bob the bed, rock sliders, upgrade rear end to chrysler 8.25 and a front locker. currently its a 2.8 which will hopefully get changed to a 3.4 and its an automatic. truck has about 193xxx on it but runs and drives great. i have installed a rough country 4.5" lift on it but think i might add a couple more inchs to it. the jeep is going to go olive drab of course and most likely run some 33/10.5/15's on it. right now it has some dayton timberline mt 30/9.5/15's that are almost new. the jeep is my daily but also going to make plenty of trips to SMORR. if you havent heard of smorr check it out its a great little area in missouri! I'm located in springfield mo currently. and on to the pix!

PS any help on what transmission i have would be great its an auto and only goes about 60 down the highway lol its covered in oil from the 2.8 and i havent had time to check it out. also which transfer case?

when i got it

after lift

and now

The trans would have been an A999 trans similar to a chrysler 904 trans tcase may have been a 228. Those trans didnt have an over drive and I don't remember them having a lock up convertor either. So they were not a good highway cruiser and prettu doggy around town. I did make a good amount of money those years due to the carb problems and vacuum leaks and oh yeah the oil leaks. Have fun with it

its an add a leaf kit not soa. its alright but the spring rate is for a 4.0 and i believe my 2.8 is a little bit lighter so makes the ride a hair rough. the 03 rubicon was just horrible all around it was my first wrangler. i liked the push button lockers of course and it was a 5 speed just hated the way it drove down the road.

Good to see another local here. I am in KC. I still need to make a trip down to SMORR, I've never been. Maybe we could meet up sometime, even though I have one of them terrible TJs ;)

Truck looks good. It appears to be rust free. If that's the case, you might want to reconsider bobbing the bed.

well today i got the bed bobbed on the truck. i took 10 inchs out of the bed side i will have some pics to upload of it when photobucket starts working again! i ran out of gas on my welder so tomorrow ill have to finish the tacks but for the most part its done yay! next comes rear bumper and rock sliders

looks better, bobbed longbeds look outta proportion to me :) interested in seeing what you come up with for sliders and bumpers

rock sliders are going to be the basic slider, i made a set for my old cherokee, this will be about the same except go under the bed, as far as a back bumper most likely a very simple design there and debating on making sliders for under bed behind tires

i just made a pretty basic set to, plan on adding some tubing down the road for a bit more protection and better aestetics. when i do my rear bumper i want to trim behind the tire a bit then add protection so its not hanging down so far.