Replacing the gauge cluster and mileage issues

CToolmanT

OK, the Comanche project had to be put on hold...but this is STILL the best place I know of to get an answer for a question I have regarding my Cherokee.

I am working on my 2000 Cherokee (no, NOT Grand) 4.0, Auto, 4X4. The vehicle currently has the gauge cluster with the speedometer and tachometer in the middle and two of the "main" idiot lights on the left, two on the right. Not being a fan of idiot lights, I want to swap this for the full-gauge panel but, unfortunately, most of the available panels have many more miles than my vehicle has (and I don't want to incorrectly reflect the mileage as too low). I have not yet found a way to accomplish this other than swapping and reflecting incorrect mileage on the vehicle, either too high or too low (obviously there is not an EASY way as some people would lie about their mileage). The question: is there a legal, proper way to swap out the gauges and have the mileage programmed to properly match that of the vehicle (like through a state calibration center of something)? Any input will be greatly appreciated!

My rig has 123k miles on it. I would still be interested in your gauge cluster, though - I think the mileage you have, even if I CAN'T have it reprogrammed, is probably the closest I have come to my actual mileage so far! Besides, if I CAN have it reprogrammed...well then I am set either way. How much would you be asking for the panel? Please let me know. Thanks!