97-01 XJ flare mod

Well I am long on my way to finishing my flares. Let me tell you right now this is a pain in the a$$ and very pricey. You will need 2 Left flares and 2 right flares to do this. I have almost finished the left side. I will finish the sanding and painting when it warms up. My garage is pretty cold. Notice I don't have a garage. Here are a few pics of the flare cut and taped together.

• 1 month later...

He's going to weld it. I've welded plastic before. Don't know what he intends to do , but I was using plastic welder (a small hot air blower) and you sorta work it like a TIG, heating up the surfaces to be joined and adding in filler material.

He's going to weld it. I've welded plastic before. Don't know what he intends to do , but I was using plastic welder (a small hot air blower) and you sorta work it like a TIG, heating up the surfaces to be joined and adding in filler material.

and then you sand it i'm guessing? i'm lookin to convert to all 98 interior, doors, fenders, front clip, bumper, and flairs.

Pete you are right sir. I have been out of town and the MJ has just been sitting with no flares on it. I will not be able to do anything to it for a few weeks. I will supply a write up as I go just keep and eye on this thread.

BO