Vent window help

So, I finally make it to the pull a part to get a dash wiring harness/FB to fix my electrical woes and non-opening windows to fix my water leaks. I pick the best windows from about 10 Cherokees. Install them this morning and wind up with a gap that will have to be siliconed I guess. My question-did I forget another seal? I put the old one back in and the same gap. There were no gaps on the donor. Am I doing something wrong?

Image Not Found

It looks like some of the rubber is missing but also the window looks too far toward the interior. Make sure the roll-up window is centered into the wing window track and not off to one side. I always start with the window all the way down and position the top of the glass into the wing track. Roll up the window slowly and feel the glass edge to ensure it remains in the track. With the window all the way up in proper position, tighten up the lower bolt and two top screws. Hope that helps.

Thats how I did it, but I'll fiddle with it some more. Looking at my drivers side opening vent, it has that gap also, when I put the old PS window back in it has the gap. So, maybe I have something out of kilter. The window was perfect in the junkyard donor. Thanks.

I'll try, got to go back to work today. No adjustment on these and I've done everything I can. It's actually one of those things that has no explaination and it drives me nuts. I filled in the crack with windshield sealant and it looks great, the trim is black so you never know it. It's actually going to rain today so I'm exicted to see if I stopped/slowed down that leak.

The windshield sealant worked out nicely and I believe that leaky window is fixed(I could see that leak) and the water ran under the floor mat into the carpet. Thats the good news. The bad-I have other leaks to fix but at least they run onto the floor mat and not the carpet/floorboard. I'm thinking the windshield area, out with the baby powder.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

:huh???: My '90 has separate horizontal & vertical pieces , could you do another shot panned back ?

Oops , I thought the shot was of the main glass :doh: The vent glass does have a small amount of adjustment at the 2 screws on the outer door .