Welder in Florida?

RockMJ

Hey guys, my MJ is in need of the drivers side floor being replaced and I need to find someone with a welder living in Florida. I live in New Port Richey and sadly, my MJ isnt on the road right now which makes things increasingly difficult. So essentially, I'm seeing if anyone is local to me who would be willing to give me a hand? Name a price and well get it done. Thanks guys,

RockMJ

What though is the problem? I'm assuming the hinges have broken off at the factory weld? if so, welding may not be necessary. There's a way to fix it by bolting plates behind the pillar sheet metal which acts as a brace and bolting the hinge back on.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21621&hilit=door+hinge+repair

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17699&hilit=Megan+Joy

No, my doors are in great shape its just the drivers side floor needs a repair. I would like to weld in a new floor pan but if I have to do it without I can as well. I would just like to do it "right"

RockMJ

as a quick fix you can use a rivets to attach the sheet metal and J B quick weld to seal it, it won't look nice, but it will get the job done, later on it can be removed and welded on.. where you going to use carpet? if so then you should not notice it at all

edit: you can also rhino line it, that will seal the top of it , i would run a bead of quick weld around the corner of the patch metal for a seal then come back around the corners of it inside and under the cab, top it off with rhino liner.

I will be utilizing a POR-15 floor pan kit that I bought. Ive always had great results with their stuff so worst comes to worst I can put some plates on top with rivets, seam seal it, and bed liner over it when I'm done. And some times welding it makes it look worse. Ive seen some scary blobs over the years lol

RockMJ