LB v. SB shock mount locations?

I was hoping to swap over my KYB shocks since they are practically new but realized the LWB rear shocks go from the rear side of the axle,angled under the axle,and up to the top mount at approx. 45* angle. I doubt the KYBs will be long enough, especially since I will be swapping over my budget lift spacers and shackles. Is this the normal placement for the LWB rear shocks? How difficult is it to relocate the upper mount location to a more vertical position? It seems to me a more vertical shock would be much more efficient and less prone to horizontal stress.

Lwb shocks go from the FRONT of the axle, angled forward, swb shocks go from the rear of the axle angled rearward. The u bolts plates that the shocks mount to are swapped left to right/right to left between the two sizes beds, putting the shock mount either in front of the axle or behind it.

Lwb shocks go from the FRONT of the axle, angled forward, swb shocks go from the rear of the axle angled rearward. The u bolts plates that the shocks mount to are swapped left to right/right to left between the two sizes beds, putting the shock mount either in front of the axle or behind it.

And as far as I know they use the same shocks.