Want to take an incendiary grenade to this thing..

Thunderbear

What kind of a set up you got anyway. I looked at a half dozen engine bays and I can access all the manifold bolts, nuts with out touching the TBI. Take a kitchen knife, or something equally strong and thin. Make sure it has a sharp edge. Place it on the gasket surface between the TBI and manifold. With a small hammer tap it into the gasket. Do this all the way around the base. Don't get in a hurry, take it easy. It will come off.

What kind of a set up you got anyway. I looked at a half dozen engine bays and I can access all the manifold bolts, nuts with out touching the TBI. Take a kitchen knife, or something equally strong and thin. Make sure it has a sharp edge. Place it on the gasket surface between the TBI and manifold. With a small hammer tap it into the gasket. Do this all the way around the base. Don't get in a hurry, take it easy. It will come off.

I got it, by being a bit less gentle than you described. :oops:

Levered against the intake manifold with the wooden handle of a hammer, just enough to wiggle it and start separating it.

There are some vac lines in the way, not really the throttle body, but having the TBI out of the way makes it accessible with a ujoint.

And since it's now raining, I can't do $#!&. :hateputers: