CCV Elbow

I cleaned out my valve cover today. It was cleaner inside than I expected, I think the oil detergent I added work OK.

Putting it back on was problematic. Couldn't get it to fit around the radiator tube and actually knocked the hose off, getting coolant on the valves. So I guess I'll be changing the oil a couple times tomorrow.

And of course, pulling off the rubber elbow on the front CCV tube destroyed it. Its almost 40 dollars for that whole piece. I'm going to fab something up instead. Wondering what you guys have used and if you have any pictures. There's a grommet at the auto parts store that I've used on the XJ with a breather filter, but its soft rubber and disintigrates after about a year. I'm hoping to find a better solution. Thanks.

I ordered the one from Rock Auto. Really good prices. It was 15 instead of 36 at the dealer.

In the meantime, I built a temporary fix with a grommet, elbow and some rubber pipe. That was 7 bucks. Doesn't look half bad.

I'm impressed. I ordered the left front assembly (the one with the valve cover elbow) from Rock Auto on Monday morning. It came Tuesday afternoon. Thats the fastest I've ever got a part. And it was 15 bucks instead of 36 at the dealer. Definitely a good company. Part fit perfect.