rough country suspension kit question

It's because your springs were sagging before the lift. You can either buy a new leaf pack from hellscreek which are very good, but costly. Or you can do some type of bastered pack but I'm unsure on how to do so.

Brandon

I also did the Rough Country lift a few weeks ago, and mine sits considerably higher in the front. From what I can tell, the Add a Leaf did absolutely nothing to the rear. So really all I got was what ever the shackle gave me. My dad, who originally ordered the kit, called them and got them to send us free perches to do a spring over in the back. Then i can remove the add a leaf/shackle and level it with a spacer in the front.

OH, and my front coils don't seem to have sagged down at all.

To add another few inches of lift in the front (this is what km going though now) Is adjustable upper and lower control arms, longer brake lines, longer say bar links, and an adjustable track bar. You realy should look into extending your bump stops also.

Brandon

I got the adjustable track bar when I got the kit, and just ordered brake lines and sway bar disconnects today. The sway bar relocation brackets the kit comes with are a joke, I can't even put my skid plate back on. I'm not going to bump up the lift for a while and I plan on eventually going to drop brackets or long arms.

comanche.gif

id say leave it if you don't offroad hardcore. who doesnt like that baja look :brows:

ps. the add a leaf that comes with the rough country kits are for a cherokee and you won't get anything from it. buy new packs from hell creek or somewhere along those lines. all a shackle will do for you is keep those $#!&, wore down leafs and give you a slight bump. not worth it in my mind.

Boots, why even run a sway bar? sure it actually does something but if your not hauling @$$ everywhere and taking corners like a mad man, your good. i havent run one ever since i had the truck. if its really an issue with you, buy anti-rock from currie

Boots, why even run a sway bar? sure it actually does something but if your not hauling @$$ everywhere and taking corners like a mad man, your good. i havent run one ever since i had the truck. if its really an issue with you, buy anti-rock from currie

I run a sway bar because I'm 16... Enough said? LOL. :rotf: The currie anti-rock just looks like a really expensive sway bar.

yes. enough said lol. and its is a really expensive sway bar that doesnt limit travel but keeps the body sway on rocks limited. its really a good idea for one. tons of guys down here run them and they really do what they are supposed to.

I'm going to order the adjustable track this week from Rough Country and later on I will get the 3" leaf packs from Rough Country to even it back out but I'm just going to ride with the rear lower for a couple weeks till I have the money to get them. comanche.gif

This is why I don't buy anything rough country. The only real way to pick up the back is a full lift pack. IMO a spring over would be too high even with sagging leaves

it's not Rough Country's fault that my old leafs where sagging before I got the kit.

This is why I don't buy anything rough country. The only real way to pick up the back is a full lift pack. IMO a spring over would be too high even with sagging leaves

it's not Rough Country's fault that my old leafs where sagging before I got the kit.

It is their fault that they sell the wrong add a leaf with the kit though. On mine the add a leaf did absolutely nothing. It had less arch that my other leafs, how is that supposed to work? It's gotta be for a cherokee or something.

It is their fault that they sell the wrong add a leaf with the kit though. On mine the add a leaf did absolutely nothing. It had less arch that my other leafs, how is that supposed to work? It's gotta be for a cherokee or something.

Yep mine did to, I'll post up a pic if I can find one.

Brandon

This is how the truck sat after installing just the back half of the RC lift almost a year ago now (wow this has taken forever!):

And this is how it sat after installing the hellscreek 4.5" leaf pack but leaving the 2" RC shackles (which I latter found out if you ordered the 4.5" lift kit from hellscreek they would

not have included them because all you would have needed was the lift pack and not the shackles):

I hope that will be helpful

Brandon

Actually it is for false advertising an selling the wrong product. And I've heard rough country horror stories, and have seen several issues with them first hand

yeah I can agree that rough country's add a leaf did nothing if it wasn't for the shackles It would still be the same but it did nothing because the leafs where wore out. but that's fine I will i'm going to order their 3" leaf packs plus the 2" shackles that came with the kit should even the truck out.

Actually it is for false advertising an selling the wrong product. And I've heard rough country horror stories, and have seen several issues with them first hand

I know a lot of people that have been running rough country suspensions for years and on a lot of different vehicles not just jeeps. they all say that they are good and withstand abuse. but of course after constant abuse parts are going to fail, thats just how it is. But i'm not saying that they are the best and only suspensions out there either.