Remember that Street Comanche in Vista?

MJRemi

Awhile back there was a Street Comanche for sale on San Diego CL. The seller had purchased the truck from CC member SPARKS and had eventually lowered his price to about $2200. The CL ad disappeared and the truck was no longer parked near my work, so I figured it had sold.

Saturday, I attended a Bluegrass Festival in Vista so I swung by the sellers house to check out the 87 4x4 he has listed on CL (see classifieds) and what else do I see? The Street Comanche down the driveway covered in leaves and dust. The driver's side has a long scrape starting at the door and ending at the rear wheel, which was caved in by whatever he hit.

I work fairly close to this house and could talk to the owner if anyone has interest in this truck. I can also take photos if the owner is willing to take offers. As it sits, it is not driveable.

I'll call him tomorrow and swing by after work if he is agreeable. It's sad to see a rare version of our trucks in such condition. I'll take as many pics as I can of the whole truck to give you an accurate estimate of the value and required repairs.

I'll call him tomorrow and swing by after work if he is agreeable. It's sad to see a rare version of our trucks in such condition. I'll take as many pics as I can of the whole truck to give you an accurate estimate of the value and required repairs.

Gracias amigo. Wish I knew about this when Sparks was selling it.

Were the body skirts damaged? :(

I remember some damage to the body skirt but didn't examine enough to see if it was beyond repair. I also noticed a dent to the rear bumper which is specific to the Street package.