my first jeep

thanx for the input guys I went ahead and bought the 90 comanche can't wait to start in on it. I saved it from a life in a barn goin to waste. truck has all the original paperwork. Ilooked it over and the good is the only rust is 1 small hole above the fender.

the bad needs fuel pump emission light is on and the power steering pump is leaking. not horrible for a 21 year old truck thanx for all the input and I'm sure i will have more questions along the way. when I get time I will post some pix

great!! Welcome.

The emissions light on a 90 MJ is just a timer. It kicks on when the thing reaches a certain mileage. Has nothing to do with an emissions "problem". P/S pump is easy to replace.

Sounds good...you'll find more as you go...good luck.

great!! Welcome.

The emissions light on a 90 MJ is just a timer. It kicks on when the thing reaches a certain mileage. Has nothing to do with an emissions "problem". P/S pump is easy to replace.

Sounds good...you'll find more as you go...good luck.

This is correct. Just unplug the emission maint. timer and throw it away.

I think that timer is supposed to remind you to replace your O2 sensor, and if your truck has been sitting for a while it might need a new one anyways. Mine sat for 4 years before I got it, and it ran like crap, till I replaced the O2 sensor (and other things, but the O2 sensor put it over the top to a good running truck)

well guys I started working on the jeep come to find out it wasnt the fuel pump it. before I got it the inlaws put new plugs wires and rotor on it well they had the firing order wrong so 30.00 bucks later I saved a big headache and 130.00 for a new pump lol. hope my luck holds out