Made my big debut last nite.

jimoshel

There is a local group of thespians who get together and put on melodramas whenever they get the chance. This is where the audience participates with much booing, hissing, cheering and an occasional ribald remark or two. The play last nite was 'The perfumed badge of deadwood Gulch. They were short a actor and after much coaxing, begging, pleading and a threat or two, they talked me into playing the villian, Dirty Dick Vermin, the most despicable low life to ever trod the streets of Deadwood Gulch. Accused of kicking a dog, stealing the poor box from the church and making a little girl cry while stealing her candy. I was told several times that I fit the part perfectly. I wonder how they meant that. Anyway got arrested by the sheriff, Buxom Dora Dooby for spitting on the sidewalk and thrown in jail. Made my escape by seducing the sheriff. The acting was terrible, the sets were makeshift, the enthusiasm was unparalleled and everybody had a blast. Wonder if there is something wrong with the phone. Hollywood hasn't called yet. :popcorn: :clapping:

Cool. My wife is an aspiring actress in local theatre. Made her debut as Ouiser in "Steel Magnolias" and stole the show. Better than Shirley McLain, but I'm biased, the good. However, not as well paid, the not good. She's done 4 or 5 plays. I'm proud of her. She even got a bit role in an obscure movie produced by some of her thesbian friends(thesbian not les.., well you know what I'm talking about).

http://gallery.glemacenter.org/magnolias/magnolias83