Renix vs HO sending unit detail

Does anyone have in front of them a Renix-era fuel tank sending unit assembly? I know the dealers sold the Renix & HO sender assys as the same part# though they were different. Trying to learn visible differences of the two senders possibly by the numbers stamped just below the dial "sweep" on the unit itself. My HO sender is stamped with what looks like 838001. Are Renix-era senders stamped the same?

Thanks, the photo's show the difference between the Renix and HO...but now that I've confirmed this, I've got an issue/ question around my fuel gauge.

How often have you heard of the dashboard fuel gauge being the issue for a full tank of gas that shows a little over 3/4 tank full? I dropped my tank today on my 92 MJ and the sender looks fine and is positioned where other wrecking yard HO senders are. What's the chance it's my gas gauge on the dashboard?

G, have you tried the calibration procedure for the fuel gauge in the FSM? The FULL position equates to 5 ohms resistance on the sender potentiometer; more resistance will make the gauge read lower as yours does. I'd measure the resistance across the pot while swinging the float (5-105 ohms), check for clean continuity from the pump to the proper cluster connector pin, clean up the cluster connectors, and make sure the gauge mounting screws are tight.