140-Miles from home . . . HELP !

:rotf: Next time ? ! ? :rotf:

There shouldn't be a next time, This D35 is getting replaced with an AMC-20 from a 74' Javelin :wrench: The AX4 is getting replaced with an AX15 :wrench: and the AMC-150 will be replaced by an AMC-343 :wrench:

The D35 to AM-20 might just happen sooner then planned, Do they offer such a unit for the AM-20 cause I may run that style from the get go ;)

Mike

Yes, they make a ubolt conversion kit for the AMC20 diff. It includes the yoke, ubolts and a new pinion nut and seal. Part number AMC20-YOKE-UBK. Looks like it's only about $37. If your pinion seal is leaking (probably will be when you get it in :D ), might as well slap this kit in. That's why I put one in the D44. Makes life easier down the road.

:D I found the AMC-20 few days before the ol'D35 decided to we'll interrupt the flow of harmony :fs1: You funning me on the AM20 kit ? ! ? ! ?

:rotf: Nice bug in your sig had me swatting the screen :hateputers:

Mike

U-joint removal cont:

What i had for tools:

Next i'll post up the reassembly, then if you guys want this thread could be cut up and used as a "How to replace U-Joints" sticky ;)

i do my repairs like this for helping others :thumbsup:

Mike

Each joint would only move 1 of the 2 ways NOT both :thumbsup:

:wall: Had mishap on reassembly :fs1: :

:wall: First needles fell in got those back in shape then while installing theother side fall aprt inside, When i went to drive it in it jammed and moved chipping the joint and crushing a few needels :fs1:

Mike

Re-Installation:

Grease it up and put the drive shaft back in and its on the road again :thumbsup:

Mike

Greased up and installed:

:wrench: So pumped 5 shots of grease in each joint, Drove it 5 miles, Re-greased it 3 pumps of grease, drove again, retoruqed strap bolts :wrench:

:bowdown: Then i got on it HARD jamminz.gif Walked 0-70mph lickity split no shakes, shimmy's, or vibrations :thumbsup:

Mike