Aftermath of a Dead Alt.

so any more issues? sounds like you have a loose wire some were. and more then likely its the wire from the alt to the light on the dash which in turn tells it to charge... just convert to a 1 wire gm and be done w/ it lol.

i suspect maybe the main block of wires right behind the fuse box maybe?

1 wire gm? I thought thats what it was hahah.

oh well, its fine now, Ive got my fingers crossed.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 wire gm only has 1 wire... lol. also delco alt. suck from the factory so you mite have jsut ben getting bad alt. or u un loosened you loose connection.

yeah. I'm considering doing a 4.0 swap with cherokee parts. tcase and everyhing, but not the front axel, as my insurance would double as soon as I go 4x4.

I found a 200xxx km 4.0 5spd. 231 xfer case but I couldn't care about that.

Do you have State Farm by any chance?

When I converted mine, they still listed it on the policy as a 2WD, because of the VIN #. They tried to enter it as 4WD but the computer system wouldn't let them :nuts: I penned a letter and had them append it to my file stating that I had done the conversion (with all OEM parts), just in case something would ever happen.

Trying to argue with them was pointless.....

Jeff

Hey ComancheRob... My modem cable light goes out a couple times a day when I'm trying to load a new page. I have to stop loading the page and then wait for the light to flash slow... then flash fast.... then stay on before I can try and reload the page again. What is that? Do I need a new modem? It's a Toshiba PCX1100. This seemed easier than calling you and being on hold for 20 minutes. :D

How's the MJ running now? Any luck keeping it running?

Do you have State Farm by any chance?

When I converted mine, they still listed it on the policy as a 2WD, because of the VIN #. They tried to enter it as 4WD but the computer system wouldn't let them :nuts: I penned a letter and had them append it to my file stating that I had done the conversion (with all OEM parts), just in case something would ever happen.

Trying to argue with them was pointless.....

Jeff

na man. Williamsons, its a local insurance company. I don't care. Ive got a XJ to wheel haha

and to 89 MJay, call into the office, sounds like your signal has gone for a dump. call in when it happens, tell them its all the time it goes intermittent and they'll fix you up aha