Need Help, Jeeps Tranny Died

I have 2 1988 Comanches.. My Primary has a BA10 /w 231 transfer case, the other is a project on stand by with a AW4... both are 4.0 engines. Will the 231 bolt up to the AW4 without problems and what is needed to do the tranny swap.. Right now I can't drive any of my jeeps :help: .. Blue is the jeep that needs the tranny and Red is the parts Jeep.. I would like a console shift if I can get one but will need a parts list if some one can help me with that.. I want to get an AX15 but don't have the money for the swap right now.. So my current option is BA10 to AW4..

And Red does not have an engine so I can't drive it.. Currently don't have any other mode of transportation. I am going to get a local mech to do the swap but I want to get the parts first..

Thanks..

Is the AW-4 a 4wd AW-4? If it is, the 231 from the pukey should bolt up just fine. If it's a 2wd AW-4, no, it will not. You will need a 4wd trans.

Have you considered finding another pukey to just throw in until you find an AX-15? Swapping to an automatic is a little more work than just changing transmissions.

Its a 2WD... guess I can go without 4WD till i get the ax15.. I just need to get it going again.

unfortunately someone has been buying all the Jeep parts from junk yards around and in Mobile County, AL.. and the JYs just over the state line in MS. I did a craigslist search foe "jeep transmission" and nothing that would work came up...

Its a 2WD... guess I can go without 4WD till i get the ax15.. I just need to get it going again.

unfortunately someone has been buying all the Jeep parts from junk yards around and in Mobile County, AL.. and the JYs just over the state line in MS. I did a craigslist search foe "jeep transmission" and nothing that would work came up...

Both your trucks the same bed length/rear axle?

well my uncle is letting me borrow his 01 Mercury Cougar, so till I can get an ax15 and the other parts needed guess I will drive it.. on the plus side at least I will be getting better gas mileage and thus save money faster... :rotfl2:

car-part.com

be sure to search for various years of AX-15 since insignificant changes can change the part number. be sure to get the bellhousing and anything else associated with the trans. you don't want to be scrounging around for all the little things.

how does this Look?

http://mobile.craigslist.org/pts/2477286958.html

"Jeep ax15 manual transmission, 5 speed, 4 wheel drive, came from 91 wrangler with 6 cylinder engine. . Shifts good, makes a little noise when coasting down in 5th. I pulled it out to swap in an automatic. Includes flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, all in good shape, and shifter. Replace your blown up ax15, or use to replace your peugot 5 speed or put behind a four cylinder with an adapter kit from advance adapters. Does not leak"

Would I need anything other than the transmission mount.. and where would be a good place to get one?