Central MN Storms

neohic

No power is no fun at all! We had some terrible storms roll though on Friday knocking out power all over the area. Most of which has been restored but I'm still in the dark... power company estimates sometime late Monday.

Anyhow, Friday was a good excuse to take the truck out to stretch its legs. Being July 4th weekend, the city put out a message asking anyone to help out as a large portion of the city workers had gone elsewhere for the long weekend. With all the downed trees blocking the roads and storm drains, the wife and I jumped in to help out the street department. This was the neighbor's trees... only reason there were any pictures was for their insurance.

I suppose they could've gone in the "MJs earning their keep" page, but... eh. All in all, we're okay and very lucky that we didn't get anything worse than a bunch of branches down and nothing else. Not a whole lot of fun, but on the up side I did have several people that night asking, "What's that Comanche Club sticker all about?".

Boy you guys been getting the brunt of the storms the last couple months. (snow now terrible thunder storms) I even seen there was one fatality in Wisconsin due to the weather. Typical July 4th weekend storms..

Be safe out there!

Probably not. It went out over the radio that the city was asking for any help that they could, but it was more in the way that the message actually said it: "Looking for volunteers..."

I wonder what the city's liability responsibility would be if you had been seriously injured or worse helping them out? Or did they make the "helpers" sign a waiver? We get heavy weather regularly here and always help our neighbors out or vice versa, but not at the city's request. Seems like the city could get itself into deep legal kimchi making a request like that w/o compensation.