SOA how high?

So I would like to go a bit higher then I am now and I was thinking about doing an SOA in the rear since its cheep and I need to change my pinion angle any ways. But here’s where the problem come in, out back right now I already have hellcreek 4.5" leaf springs with rough country 2" shackles, how would this afect the net lift I would get by doing an SOA? And what all would needed to be done up front? i was thinking adjustable lowers and uppers, sway bar discos, and a 2" coil spacers up front? Maybe longer shocks but I'm not sure :dunno: any thoughts would help, thank you

Brandon

SOA with stock leafs & shackles, will give 4'' or 4 1/2'' of lift

Maybe with a completely dead seat of factory leafs. We've never seen them net that low of lift before. Your looking more at 5.5-7" of lift depending on condition and what type (2wd/4wd/Metric Ton).

Alright yeah my old leafs were DEAD, like with the AAL, and 2" RC shackles I only got about an inch of lift out back. So it sounds like what Tom was telling me I just wanted other opions . Either sounds like a great project for next summer or I need to get a original pair of MT leafs and so an SOA that way. Thank y'all very much I'll keep my mind open. Thanks again

Brandon

I got over 6 outa my soa. What someone should have said to stop you, or caution you is that if you do that, you'll need to get a slip yoke eliminator, or at least a longer drive shaft! (You are probably close to your rear shaft falling out with just the 6 inches of lift you already have, unless you have done something about it already.)

I think that by putting in the Ford 8.8 rear end with the yoke adapter has made it to where I havent had any drive shaft problems up to now. But yeah if I did do the SOA with either stock springs (getting something like 6" from what ya'll have said and ive heard form the past) or doing it with the hellscreek springs (getting any where from 10-12") then I'm sure I would need a new drive shaft made. But ill cross that bridge when I get there, there is a good drive shaft shop near here. Thanks again for all of the info ill be looking into it a bit more and ill come up with something soon.

Brandon

The SOA and IronMan4x4 2-3.5" shackles (adjusted all the way in to 2") netted me 6.5" of lift, my springs still have a good amount or arch to them too (I've also swapped in the 8.25 over the 35 so the perches could have been a different height there). It actually worked out perfect for me though as 8.5" lift on the front leveled the Jeep out (had a 2" rake front to back). From what I've seen, the numbers go from 4.5"-6", with the 6" being more towards new springs that haven't settled in yet. Expect somewhere around 5.5" if you keep the same axle.

To get a more exact measurement before everything is done, measure from the axle center line to the top of the mount (the end the leaf bolts to) then multiply it by 2. That's the lift you will be getting assuming you use the same size perches for the SOA conversion.