RAQDIATOR PROBLEMS

Have a 1988 with the 2.5 the radiator was replaced with 4.0 radiator they also took off the fan and the clutch on the motor and I guess the were going to rig up just an electric fan mounted on the radiator problem Iam having is when I start it up temp goes right up to about 220 really quick just sitting in the driveway I have not hooked up any fan at all whats the best way to fix this whole mess

First thing I would check is the temp sending unit and the temp gauge for accuracy. Kind of rare for a engine to shoot to 220 in a few seconds. Also 220 is mot excessively hot. That's where these engines normally run, after they've warmed up. As for the fan set up, hit the junkyard and find the original and put it in. Just a suggestion.

First thing I would check is the temp sending unit and the temp gauge for accuracy. Kind of rare for a engine to shoot to 220 in a few seconds. Also 220 is mot excessively hot. That's where these engines normally run, after they've warmed up. As for the fan set up, hit the junkyard and find the original and put it in. Just a suggestion.

:agree: 100%

How quick is really quick? Jim is right, they run right at 220. without a fan it may overheat from just sitting, but unless really quick is REALLY quick, I'd say throw a fan in it, and go! (If it aint broke, don't fix it!)

I installed a Taurus 3.8L ~96-97, it works good. It is a big single two speed approx 19", it fit my 2.5 radiator almost perfect. I ordered a relay and temp probe to run the fan, don't remember where, will have to look at my receipts.