ZJ lift plans Just making sure!

I have found a local selling his ZJ ironman 6.5" springs and lower arms cheap $170.I'm looking to get my sons truck lifted as low cost for now and get him wheeling as we have already gone past budget.He will save for a longarm as he wheels it.I'm thinking and have done some searching as I see it those 6.5"s and a SOA in the rear with some 1" shackles should be getting me real close correct?Anyone have a link to the chevy drop shackles I can use for this or anyother ideas other than that would be great too.Thanks

P.S I like that these springs are 6.5s as we can use these with his longarms and save $ later hell need all this lift later down the road as hes planning on running 37+ and axle swap

6.5 inch ZJ springs are gonna net you close to 8 inches of lift in an MJ, (Because the ZJ is quite a bit heavier than an MJ/XJ.), but after an SOA, and 1 inch shackles out back, 8 inches will have her sittin about level. Sounds like a plan!

I'm sure. Pull your MJ up next to a ZJ. You'll realize how much more metal is there! I have an XJ, a ZJ, and an MJ, and I've played with the suspensions of all 3. (Including some experimental coil swapping between the three.) Go to Rustysoffroad.com, and check out their springs section. The 5.5 inch ZJ springs have the same part number as the 6.5 inch XJ springs! :brows:

I'm not sure you would even be able to get the lower arms on with that much lift without LAs or DBs, at 6" the lower arm will be hitting the axle end LCA mount so with 6.5" ZJ springs the arms would be crammed into the mount so hard that even if you got them on the suspension would be bound up just sitting there.

I think I'm going to make him a longarm for it ill be doing one for my LJ in nov and ill just do his at the same time.I may just ask the guy to buy his springs.I knew 6+" was a lot for Short arms but fig it was only for a short period might as well wait and do it all then.

They'll work if you trim the shock plates. But with the arms pointing down like that, the axle actually has to move forward when you hit a bump. Since it swings on an arc based on the length of the control arms. It will work, seen plenty of 6" short arm Jeeps, but its a jarring ride.

I've ruled out these springs even for longarm I don't even know what brand they are.I'm going a diff route for now till I get him a longarm.Prob do V8 ZJs and some shackels in the rear that with trimming will allow him to wheel 33s for now that's perfect for his first rig.I will use the extra $ to lock and gear it I've found a local aussie and yukon carrier for the front.Ill run 4.56s sleeve and gussetts lock the rear D44 and hell be set.