3" lift

I know, you're all just going to tell me to go SOA. Problem is that I don't want that big, yet. I simply can't afford new LCA's and an SYE. I could swing 3" coils, but I don't have any idea what to do with the back. I was considering the bastard s10/dakota pack, but she's the DD and I'd ave to be able to do it in a weekend. I'm just looking for opinons/experience. Have at it.

I did that. It adds some carrying capacity and to a certain extent lift, maybe 1/2". I added it to help support my mains and help control axle-wrap. I guess if you added enough junkyard leafs you *might* gain 3", but your spring pack would get pretty stiff. Add-a-leafs are pretty cheap. Be sure to get a long one for a better ride. And you'll need shocks with 3 inches too.

Jeep on!

--Pete

Yeah, shackles are an option that I hadn't considered. I'd rather not though, my brother has shackles and it's been rough to the leaf springs in his XJ.

I see that you have a ramcharger, awesome. I had a friend in high school that had one with a removable top, that thing twas awesome. I had either a 318 or 360, can't remember.

Rusty's sells their 'long' AAL. I haven't used one on an MJ, but on a Cherokee their 'long' is full length. Its about 1/2 short of where the spring eyes start to wrap on the main leaf, and about 1/4 longer on each end of the next spring in the stock pack.

BTW, Lawn Cher at NAXJA had a used 3" Comanche lift for 200 bucks.

If momma would let me near the family budget this time of year, I would be all over it.

Lawn Cher(Mark) is a stand-up guy, I don't think he has made it over here yet. But he is on the Yahoo list.

Yeah, shackles are an option that I hadn't considered. I'd rather not though, my brother has shackles and it's been rough to the leaf springs in his XJ.

It is a bit tough on the springs, but if you add another leaf plus retain the overload leaves to control spring wrap, you should be okay with shackles.

Rancho lists a full-length AAL for the XJ and MJ. It is just about full length in an XJ, which means it's "almost" full length in an MJ. The catalog says 2 to 2.5" but that's for XJs. In an MJ it's good for about 1.5". With longer shackles, that'll get you the 3" you want.