Door Panel Backing Replacement?

Hey all, hope everyone's having a good day. :cheers:

Well, the problem is that the 1/4 inch (possibly thinner) cardboard type backing behind the the door panels in my MJ are pretty worn down, and in serious need of repair and or replacement. Not sure how far through the panel they extend to, (haven't messed with removing the door panel due to the long wait to get some window seal replacements) but the questions are:

1. Where would I go to get replacement pieces (other than a Pick and pull for an entirely new panel) or new pieces? And...

2. Is there some DIY fix that some of you have down to replace these worn out pieces?

Go get a sheet of 3/16 masonite from the lumber yard. It's easy to cut with a jigsaw, and is pretty much the same stuff as the original. (Only more dense) Haven't used it on my jeeps, but it's what I use when restoring interiors on older cars. (They used the same stuff on our jeeps, as they used in the 50's, 60's, 70's, and into the 80's on everything else!)

Go get a sheet of 3/16 masonite from the lumber yard. It's easy to cut with a jigsaw, and is pretty much the same stuff as the original. (Only more dense) Haven't used it on my jeeps, but it's what I use when restoring interiors on older cars. (They used the same stuff on our jeeps, as they used in the 50's, 60's, 70's, and into the 80's on everything else!)

Thanks phil, I thought about possibly getting something like that to use, but wasn't sure if it would hold and or stand up to the test. Appreciate it!

Anotherjeff did a really good write up with pictures, but the search can't find it. Most if not all of the info is in his build thread:

http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopi ... l&start=45

Its a few posts down from where the top of the page I linked.

I followed his directions pretty closely and was happy with the way my door panels turned out.

Ah! I should have remembered anotherjeff's thread; considering I spent a while scouring through it :doh: :D Really liking how his truck looks btw.