Rustys 4" leafs sagging?

Well I have had the crustys springs on a while now and they seems to have settled out a bit low :headpop: . I would say to about a 2.5 in lift.

Anyone else notice that there packs have settled that much? or is it just my luck with ole crustys?.

A couple questions:

1) How long have you had them?

2) How many miles did you put on them?

3) Do you haul a lot of heavy crap?

4) SOA?

5) Stock legnth shackles?

mine are fine, ZERO problems so far!!

CW

1. bout 2 years

2. bout 10,000 miles

3. camping stuff and work stuff , never more than 500lbs. These springs don't like a lot of heavy stuff.

4. nope sua

5. yup stock shackles

I had to add 1 1/2 inch worth of spacer to the front to accomidate the huge warn winch bumper and the soon to be mounted winch , so it looks a bit high in the front . But the back seems to have settled a lot more than I expected

I had to add 1 1/2 inch worth of spacer to the front to accomidate the huge warn winch bumper and the soon to be mounted winch , so it looks a bit high in the front . But the back seems to have settled a lot more than I expected

What warn bumper/winch? They don't weight THAT much. I've been through this before but...

If you have 150lb/in coils, you'd need to put 300lbs on the front end to compress the coils 1"! A lot of the aftermarket ones are of an even higher rate than that (upwards of 180).

My front bumper on the XJ only weighs about 35lbs. It's not 'light-duty' either, as it's all .250 or .500. My 8k winch (100' of cable) weighs maybe 60lbs.

You shouldn't need to add a 1.5" spacer to the front!

Measure from hub to fender flares to see where you're at. Smart people on this site know what stock measures.

I have the warn rock crawler winch bumper , the damn thing is massive and heavy :eek:

I noticed that when I put my lift on ( rusty's 4.5" lift ) that the fron settled to only about 3" of lift I called rustys and they said there springs where 150's and that I would have to add a spacer to bring it up .

I ended up adding an extra stock isolator bushing and a 3/4 inch poly spacer , that put it where it needed to be .

But now it seems like the azz end has settled down a bit more than the front .

Did anyone put there overload' back in with there rustys packs?