where Can i get a good rear bumper

i want a really nice rear bumper something like

http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/gra ... xjdesc.jpg

http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/gra ... JPics1.jpg

but i can't find any for a comanche anywhere on the internet please help me out guys thanks :D

Well, JCR USED TO make that exact bumper for the MJ... Don't get me started though.

There is a local guy to me in IL who picked up the MJ market for us, and has slowly been mocking up a rear bumper for us based on a local member's SWB.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29159&hilit=ares+fab

Rob

glad i got my rear bumper from jcr before 1 person on here stopped that.

One person didn't stop that. JCR was selling a bumper that was not suitable for the purpose for which they were implying it was made. If they hadn't stopped making it, someone would have sued them under the implied warranty of merchantability provisions of the Uniform Commercial Code and they would have been a lot less happy.

Why they didn't just make it using the correct material for the draw tube is a mystery, but I'm very happy I didn't get suckered into buying one.

the only real problem they made in the bumper was having a reciever hitch made in it.let's really be practical about this,mj's aren't made for towing.the brakes are only modest at best without having to stop extra weight behind you.very few people have trailer brakes hooked up to there trucks to aid in stopping.i hauled 1800 lbs of scrap to the recyling yard yesterday in the bed of my truck and i prayed no one would pull out in front of me.i never intend to hook any kind of trailer to my truck as i got other friends full size trucks i can borrow for that purpose.i've had my rear bumper on now for a year and a half now and have hooked several chains and tow straps to the rear to pull out stuck larger trucks and it has worked great.i don't feel like i got took but glad i got to get one of the last ones before they ceased production.i actually put a flip down license plate frame over the hole to hide the reciever hole.

I will not tow any trailer that weighs more than 1000 Lbs without brakes on it. I even have a brake controller in my WJ and the MJ will get it's once it is up and running. My life is worth more than the $25 a brake controller costs.

If you are towing you NEED trailer brakes.