pinion angle shims

on my XJ i have about 5.5-6'' lift in the rear. 4'' leafs, 1'' shakles, and 1'' blocks.

now my xj is a SOA like all xj's, but on of the pinion angle shims broke in half. the shims are sandwiched between the lift blocks and the leaf spring, and the blocks seem to be the cause of the problem (broken shim)

my question is, are the shims supposed to be mounted in between the lift block and the leaf, or should it go between the leaf spring pad and block? or does it matter?

i know the best way is to get rid of the blocks altogether, but i don't have enough money for new rear springs, but i do have money for the shims/ u bolts.

and its not too serious of a problem yet because the 3/4 of the shim is still there, so it is still held in by the centering bolt.

Pinion shims should be between the block and spring perch. I have never seen anyone put them on top of a block, but yes, you are correct in the idea that you should get rid of the blocks.
I see you made it over from FJOA :cheers: When did you get a Comanche? Welcome, Rich

Pinion shims should be between the block and spring perch. I have never seen anyone put them on top of a block, but yes, you are correct in the idea that you should get rid of the blocks.
I see you made it over from FJOA :cheers: When did you get a Comanche? Welcome, Rich
Hey Rich...Yea, Carmine (cabz) told me about this site. We bought the MJ about 4-5 weeks ago now :D .

Yes...pinion shims can be had at most any 4x4 shop or lift kit manufacturer. Most knowledgeable 4x4 shops should be able to guide you to getting the correct shim for your situation.