what do u guys think?

comancheman

It's at $510 now. I wouldn't go any higher than that. It's a base model truck. It has the 15x6 steel rims, and you can see that the speedo doesn't have a trip meter, so it's going to have idiot lights and the ugly "station wagon" steering wheel. With the amount of rust you can see on the surface, there's going to be a lot more to fix once you start grinding offf paint and looking for solid steel.

The "Buy-It-Now" price is a joke. That truck isn't worth anywhere near a grand. And if was donated as a charitable deduction, this guy probably paid a bout $100 for it.

wow i was ready to pay a 1000 for it

see i am really just lookin for a good frame, i have two trannys and tcases and a motor so the mechanics arent that important to me. ive got a full cluster to swap in and two interiors to choose from. as far as the body goes i don't mind a little rust and would probably just do some bondo and a spray bomb paint job for the time being. but when it all comes down to it its not worth a 1000 bucks so why would i want to pay that. I'm just real impatient and want to get a truck on the road. thanks for the input though it made me realize what the truck really is

I've got a 88 short box w/ no engine sitting in my yard. I've been picking little parts off of it. Box pretty rusty and drivers floor rusted through, but the frame is OK. Also no steering box. You can have it if you want to trailer it away from Rochester, NY.

I totally agree with Eagle :agree: Way over priced for a stock, rusted out MJ.

If your patience and keep looking, you will find the right MJ at the right price for what your looking for.

Like I did-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 529&rd=1,1

And I bet this is what your looking for, if you have the drive train, I just wanted some good body parts, and the 7 foot box for a replacement. I wached alot of MJ's go thru ebay, and just stayed on top of this one, Heading down there next week to pick it up ;)

The thing that really got me instrested in this MJ was the Crome grill and bumpers, Don't see that on a lot of MJ's. And if any one is interested in The red interior, all or parts, drop me a PM.

You should take aemsee up on his offer too :brows:

I know last year around March or April, there were 5-6 MJ's that were sold on ebay around north part of NYC and none went over $400